It was written on the second Sunday in October 1904. The sowing day took place that Sunday, as it had for many years before. The square in Gorica, as the central square in Kranjska Gora is called, was always lively after the Holy Mass. The men were wise, and good and a little less successful bargains were made here. This fair day was important not only for the inhabitants of the Valley but also for the Trentars. They made bargains with small ruminants, cheese and cottage cheese. The Trentars most often returned across Vršič with sacks of corn and flour.
When it happened. Pompously, with a drumming, the arrival of a municipal servant was announced. The locals were accustomed to the municipal servant reading various calls, proclamations and authoritative orders in the middle of the square on various occasions. The vocation read by the municipal servant on the first day of June in 1904 changed the lives of the people of Kranjska Gora forever.
The call was as follows: “Traffic is increasing and the growing competition of places and cities, endowed by nature with various beauties and advantages and specialties, also imposes on the people of Kranjska Gora, where nature has generously opened its hand. It is our duty to try to draw the attention of the wider world to our picturesque and at the same time the most comfortable place in the mountains of our Gorenjska. We have to make permanent, lasting friends, even those who have seen a lot of the world and who care more about comfort than money. High altitude along the railway line and near traffic intersections, our magnificent mountain giants, our unspoiled mountain air, all this are the advantages that make our place for a certain time and for certain cases as especially capable of a longer stay, it is only necessary that we also offer to all those who come to admire out beauties at least what other similar places offer them. That is why we need to UNITE and WORK TOGETHER FOR THE PROSPERITY OF KRANJSKA GORA, FOR THE INCREASE AND IMPROVEMENT OF TRAFFIC, FOR THE BEAUTY OF THE PLACE AND FOR THE FACILITATION OF COMMUNICATION WITH FOREIGNERS. For this purpose, you are kindly invited to a conversation in the premises of the RAZOR Hotel on Saturday, the 4th t.m. at 1/2 8 p.m. “
Kranjska gora, June 1, 1904. G. LAVTIŽAR
The call was signed by several promoters who believed that in Kranjska Gora it was necessary to improve foreign traffic and beautify the place. With 39 signatures on the founding, so-called, enrollment field, only three days after the call was read at the Razor Hotel in the center of Kranjska Gora, the Kranjska Gora Foreign Tourist Association was established by dr. Josip Tičar. As the purpose and tasks of the association, they wrote “promoting the traffic of foreigners in Kranjska Gora, exploiting natural beauties that will make them easier to access with marked paths, rest areas and beautified with plantations and landscaped viewpoints. Special emphasis was placed on infrastructure or promotion and rental of apartments to foreigners or tourists.
On the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the foreign society, the first swimming pool named Jasna was opened. It got its name from Czech guests who were already enthusiastic about the Julian Alps and the pastel green, clear and transparent color of the Pišnica River.
Later, the First World War intervened in the increasingly fruitful activities of the Kranjska Gora Aviation Association, which greatly changed and reduced the image of Kranjska Gora. Among other things, due to the supply line from the hinterland, the accommodation of Russian prisoners of war and the construction of supply routes across Vršič, either via cable cars or across the road, much infrastructure was destroyed, including the Jasna swimming pool. After the end of the war, this was restored, a cement pool, a swimming pool with a sun deck and a restaurant were arranged.
Even before the start of the First World War, the winter tourist season began to take shape. At first, sledding developed very well, later skiing, for which Kranjska Gora is still known today.