Since 2004, when Slovenia became a full member of the European Union, horsemen from Austria, Italy and Slovenia have gathered in Kranjska Gora on this day. The main event, the Meeting of Horsemen of the Three Lands, is held each year in a different host country.
This year, the meeting is organised in Slovenia and the Špik Equestrian Club will host horsemen from the neighbouring countries and Slovenia.
The programme of the event
- At 10.00 a.m., a reception for the horsemen from Italy and Austria at the Rateče border crossing
- 10.15 Departure of the equestrians’ column towards Kranjska Gora.
- Riding along the cycle path to Kranjska Gora and back to Podkoren.
- 12.45 Arrival of the convoy at the parking area in Podkoren under the World Cup ski slope, where the event will end (tent, live music, food and drinks).
- 13.00 Addresses by the Mayors, lunch and socialising
You are cordially invited to join us on horseback or on foot, because whatever the weather, we will have a great time.